Friday, May 3, 2013

Houston, We Have a Problem

Houston, We Have a Problem

I am not a hater...I swear I'm not. I love when people make money and are successful. I may not support people I'm not into, but I never hate on them. I am not a hater...I swear that I'm not....but Ray J....

I Hit it First. Catchy song. Brilliant gimmick. If you were a brand new artist, I would probably applaud this despite the outdated autotune gimmick. By the way, real singers should NEVER use autotune. Makes you sound out of tune and ridiculous, but I digress. As for you Ray J, you AREN'T a new artist. You are an "established" (term used very loosely) artist. I can't quite figure out if this is jealousy, bad marketing ploy, desperate attempt at relevancy or pure unadulterated player hating, but in any instance, it's a bad look. WE saw the tape. Yes, you hit it. That's a FACT. You made her famous. She made you relevant...for about 13 minutes. She won. See, you aren't really known for your music as much as you are known for that tape. You lose. You aren't really known for your voice as much as you are known for dating Whitney Houston. You lose. You weren't even known as Ray J for the longest as much as you were known as Brandy's little brother or as Whitney Houston's rebound from Bobby. You lost. Trust, I'm not a hater, I just tell the truth a lot and this is not even new behavior from you. You have ALWAYS been on the coattails of others. Kim, Whitney, Brandy and even Money Mayweather. We expected this. Where else COULD you go after Whitney died? A singer's career dies early but a musician's lives forever. You died quick. RIP. I KNOW musicians and they don't do this. Sorry B, but you have always been the weakest link.
I think it's time for me to admit that I am a HUGE Kanye fan. Not really a fan of Kim though. So this isn't even about her. Has she been a jump off? Probably. Has she had questionable behavior? Of course. Did you hit it? Yes...we saw the tape. But have you noticed that none of the parties in question are giving you press? Hmmm. Kanye said it best on the Deuces remix. You gonna be hot a little while, but I'm gonna be rich forever. Men with mothers, daughters or even sisters should never try to air their business like this though. Truthfully Speaking, if I were Mr. West, just to permanently end your career, I would have recorded an Uhh Ahh remix with Flo Rida, Fredro Starr, Bobby Brown and Wanya Morris. Seriously. That ends my rant for tonight. I'm going to watch reruns of Moesha and the Bodyguard while imagining that I Hit it First. Selah.