Monday, April 15, 2013

All and NOTHING

ALL of the guys that I have been with are dogs. ALL of the men I have been with are good for nothing. EVERY guy I have been with has treated me poorly. EVERY woman I have been with has had issues. ALL of the girls I have been with have been trifling.

As a self professed wordsmith, I pay attention to the little things that "slip" in a conversation and this has to be one of the most unconscious slips of them all. ALL. Or EVERY. With that statement, you have just dropped your worth. Social media has really made relationships harder and harder to start AND to maintain. For the women out there that claim that they are looking for a good man, stop posting pics of you in a bathroom half naked showing your child feeders and posteriors and then get mad or call men "thirsty" when their comments are strictly about your body and your looks. Have you ever thought that maybe he thinks that YOU are thirsty and he is offering you a drink from his own personal fountain? Post a picture of you reading a book. Graduating from college. In a board meeting. Cooking dinner. Something that accentuates you as a woman and not as a product. Quite conversely, men, PLEASE stop posting pics of money, your cars, you in a tank top with other hard looking dudes. Your jewels. Or any other material thing that you use as "game" and then turn around and call women gold diggers. If right now, I posted a pic of a suitcase of money and had the caption "come and get it", are the people hitting me up gold diggers or smart? Argggggg. I digress.

ALL. EVERY. I will leave you with this jewel. If in getting to know someone or in making a random statement such as ALL of the men I have been with or EVERY woman I have been with is how you are feeling, then I am beginning that ALL and EVERY is your problem. I read somewhere about a woman that was upset because her man proposed to her with the same engagement ring that he had given to another woman. She said that she didn't feel special. That if he really loved her he would have gone out and bought her a new ring that had never been offered to, touched by or worn by another woman. Now, please excuse my perceived insensitivity by next statement, but....I KNOW that there are some great "snap back" methods out there for you women, but 95% of you are not offering a never been touched or worn out situation to anyone. It's hard and harsh, but tight and right. I may lose my political connects with that one but such is life. If we know better we grow better. Truthfully Speaking