Tuesday, May 28, 2013

From Slit Wrists to Healed Wounds

From Slit Wrists to Healed Wounds

I apologize, I didn't mean to offend
But it's hard for me to just sit back and pretend
That I'm not offended by someone I befriended 
Before I knew the whole truth and now that friendship has ended
Turned out that two faces can be blended 
And once deconstructed through time and effort
There is now way in hell that fences will ever be mended
Although it's been recommended that I be mature, you know, build a bridge and get over it
Picture that with a Kodak when it is usually the ones that need forgiveness came out of their mouth and quoted it
But see, I'm much older kid
And I remember things from the past that hardened my heart and my life thus far has only further molded it
Like a used funeral chair, sometimes I folded kid
But I promise to straighten out one day and drop a few jewels
Here, stick out your hand and hold it kid
What's that scar on my wrist?
That's a reminder of time of when I wanted to cease and desist
End this life as I knew it
When I wanted to cease to exist
I was beat down by the fights
I was weary from the nights
I was drowning in a pool of hate alone in the dark 
I was was tired of searching for the lights
A dark mind struggling to keep itself bright
Broken mirrors all around me because I just couldn't stand the sight
Of me
Of him
Of them
Of us

Let me tell the story from the beginning...it's mind blowing, Trust