Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lovely Ghosts...Verse XV

Seven days from Sunday…

Sitting here at the peak of the mount where the trees are the most beautiful and the air is so crisp, I find peace. It was here that I received life again and it is here that I will embrace eternity. The bitter taste in my mouth is not being masked by the water, but in a few moments none of it will matter anyway. My entire life has been filled with bitterness of those pills, but at least there were moments of pure bliss. I, along with Spirit, transcended the proverbial meaning of love and took it to peaks higher than the mountain caps that I am staring at right now. Watching my existence pass right before my eyes, I smile inside because I have lived and loved. I am no longer in pain and I am enjoying the numbness. The story has been written and it will illuminate the world from now until eternity. The journey of Soul is now ending in sleep, but the story of Spirit will continue on brightly and THAT makes me happy…


Soul



Performing my own Eulogy

We are gathered here today to celebrate the life and times of a boy
A boy that lived thinking that he was a man but had no plan on how to bring himself joy
A boy that ran through life at a frantic pace searching for warmth and the love he so desperately wanted
But he was haunted by the past, which made him scared for his future and the demons that would need to be confronted
A good man indeed though. A man that believed he was ready for the challenges that were constantly beating him down
But pound for pound he fought through the pain and victoriously emerged wearing the crown
We are gathered here today to pay homage to a man that sometimes wore his heart on his sleeve
He believed that if he poured his heart out to those that needed it then that good might overshadow his own bad deeds
And maybe the seeds that were planted in him and by him as a youth would not manifest and fail to conceive
Another non-trusting youth that can’t see the trees beyond the forest or the water because of the sea
Instead just be. Be the one to save this world from the things that have sent us on a downward spiral path away from being free
Yes indeed, we are gathered here today to remember a man that reminded us that lightning in a bottle is rare
Life isn’t fair and but if we press on, there is no one to hold us back from the dream that we all share
Fulfilling our destiny. One of the last times I really spoke to the man, he told me what it was he wanted on his headpiece
He said, “When I’m deceased and I am no longer of this world, I want one thing written about me; Here Lies a Man