Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lovely Ghosts...Verse XIV

Verse XIV

I was at the park today and I felt Soul. I have been having this feeling that he has been following me. As I was walking, his presence was overwhelming. Goosebumps formed on my flesh and the tiny hairs on the back of my neck were standing straight up on end. As the gentle breeze of the day swept over me, I could smell the light citrusy aroma of Soul. It was as if suddenly I was bathed in orange peels and rinsed off with cotton candy.
I sat down on the merry-go-round and suddenly the tears began to pour. Memories that I had pushed to farthest recesses of my mind suddenly found the key and rushed to the forefront of my consciousness. I cried tears of hurt. I cried tears of pain. I cried tears of joy and I cried tears of love. Each tear that I cried disappeared as quickly as it was shed. It was at the moment that I realized that none of my tears were falling that I softly heard Soul’s voice whispering into my ear…



A Tear Away

Through the pain and the hurt, true love will always endure
To be sure, taste the tears
Her fears become his as that world around the ceases to exist
Past mistakes are forgotten
Even though sometimes the guilt still persists
If feelings are ever doubted
All they have to do is take a moment and once again taste the tears
Their peers jealousy of happiness found
Can be seen on the faces of skeptics from miles around
Their love confessed is sound
No longer lost
The purgatory that their love was once in is now permanently refreshed
Loudly professed
And like an aging hairline, bad memories have now regressed
All because of a tear
It had been years since any were shed for the right reasons
Change overlapping change
It had never been just the right season
And now even that change has changed and it no longer seems deranged
That there can actually be a new time and day
All because of a release
Hurt and pain has finally met their demise
All due to the release
It was through burning eyes that I realized
Love is only a tear away