Monday, March 14, 2011

Lovely Ghosts...Verse XII

Verse XII

Dear Soul,

I received your letter of angst and I must say that I am a little disappointed. Let me first say that I am not disappointed in the fact that you are upset. I am also not disappointed in the fact that you questioned ME because with your passion and zeal, I have always expected that. My disappointment stems from your lack of/loss of faith. Just because I am not answering you does not mean that I am not listening. Have you considered that maybe all of this is happening to make you stronger? Soul, you are the epitome of passion and strength, but your loss of Spirit has caused you to become weak. Your dependency on Spirit has caused you not to use certain parts of you that are vital to MY plan. I know that you are hurting right now, but there is manifestation taking place in you. I know what you have been thinking of doing and THAT would not only disappoint me greatly, but it would also deprive the world of the very thing that I conceived you for. I implore you to hold on, fight for what you need and I promise that you will receive everything that you desire; it’s not over.



God





Manifested

Thirty five years of trying to stop your peers from seeing your tears
Trying my best to turn an immature mind into a useable vessel
Nestling next to a hardened heart to keep it from becoming distant and cold
Despite your endless faults, I always see the light in your soul.
And through the many lies you’ve told
My love for you will never fold
Because every time you fell down
I would stand you on your feet and readjust your crown
Royalty
And with every sin
I would still return again and again
Loyalty
Yet you still doubt me
Seems like it’s never enough
Bragging of genocide by committee
You would have been killed if it wasn’t for the angels I dispatched to your city
It’s almost like you continue to shake my hand and then spit in my face
Complaining about a bad hand dealt and never acknowledging my Grace
It’s funny how you mentioned Richard, Pryor to the MS
When you were stressed about the ticks prior to the MS
That I healed you from, without your knowledge, but it’s truly higher than MS
Please realize that you are blessed
I leave you with scars and wounds as a courtesy
Instead of dimming the stars and leaving you in a tomb, I grant you Mercy
Dry mouth quenched because you claimed that you were thirsty
Said that you needed light in the worst way
Because you were constantly mired in darkness
Yet you feel in your heart that I’ve ignored you?
No love manifested?
Maybe it’s failure you feel from all of the times you’ve been tested
Guilt for crimes gotten away with while others were arrested
Remember back to the few times that you truly confessed
And I’ll remind you of all of the ways that you are truly blessed.