Monday, March 14, 2011

Lovely Ghosts...Verse X

Verse X

In February, I made love to April. We lay on a blanket in front of a fireplace and loved each other like we did in the middle of November. Even though April was bare at the moment; I knew that in the coming months she would bear the fruit of all of the love I had planted inside of her.

It was in July that I met and fell in love with June. The heat that emanated from our passion was globally overwhelming. June smelled of roses and lilac and she glowed as if she were on fire. Water was a necessity when loving June because she drained me in ways no other could.

In August I was blessed to meet January and she took my breath away. January became a new beginning and allowed me to ponder a new direction in my life. January was just like my first, but when she was gone it would be a long time until I was able to embrace her again.

I fell in love with my season and I crave my cycles once again.




Soul

Seasonal Love


The best way to describe love is to say that it is seasonal.

Spring love is fresh and clean like the dew on the grass early in the morning. Spring love is the fragrance you smell when the sun first comes up and the birds begin to sing their songs for the day. Spring love is the feeling that God had when he looked down and saw Adam with Eve walking in the Garden of Eden. It is fresh. It is beautiful. It is new.
Love is Seasonal.

Summer love is fiery. It is hot like smoldering coals left by a tropical volcano in the middle of July. Summer love is the passion that sustains when the cold fronts try to creep in. It is the haze that you see hovering in the air. Not everyone is able to see it, but we can all feel it. It is that love that takes your breath away when you are in its presence, but you have to endure it in order to go on. Summer love is what David had for God when he was in total worship and penned the Psalms.
Love is Seasonal.

Fall love is just utterly beautiful. It represents the changes that inevitably happen in life. Fall love transitions. Fall love gracefully accepts growth. The thing about fall love is that it best illustrates the adage that the glass is not half empty, but it is half full. There are some that will only notice that the leaves are falling, but there are others that can see that the tree is just cleansing itself for its next growth. Fall love is what Joseph demonstrated to Mary. A love showing that although I may not understand that change, I know that it is needed in order for us to grow.
Love is Seasonal.

Winter love is the most important love of them all. Winter love is the blanket of purity. It is the love that utilizes all of the seasons. Winter love is the forgiveness of transgressions. Winter love is the snow that covers the paths that you have taken to get where you are today and where you may go later in life. Underneath the snow we know that there is dirt, but this love blankets the grime and allows you to notice the purity again. Winter love is the love that Jesus shows us. Through his crucifixion we are cleansed and washed white as snow. Winter love allows us the ability to move forward into a new beginning, over and over again.

Embrace the Seasons.