Monday, March 14, 2011

Lovely Ghosts...Verse IX

Verse IX

I don’t know if anyone else has noticed, but the sun has either been destroyed or has gone on vacation. Over a week of darkness and I am still bumping into life’s obstacles. Over a week of no natural heat and the cold is starting to affect my body. Over a week with no natural Vitamin D and my body is suffering from withdrawal. I depended on the sun to be my guiding force while failing to realize that it was getting worn down; always up and down. On clear days I would bask in her splendor, but on cloudy days I would almost forget that she was still there shining behind all of those clouds. On rainy days I would miss her warmth and at night I would speak to the moon and selfishly wish that she would go away so that my sun would come back to me. Spirit disappeared at the same time as the sun and now I am forever cold, lonely, lost and broken.


Soul


Breaking the Mold

Hard pieces of red hurt cover the wounds of past pain
Corroded stains mildly hide the shame, but like the concrete in a storm we wish that the dirt would wash away with the rain
Or maybe even destroyed by flames
Trapped inside is the evidence of hate
Heat filled feelings of disdain for those that have altered life’s fate and now I am left with no choice but to forget
But I choose to sedate
Self-medicate
Outside I am hard as stone reinforced by steel
And like an orange, the fruit of my being is constantly protected by my peel
I used to have zeal
I used have dreams
I used to be able to feel
I want to stop the screams
That haunt me late at night
Dreading the mirrors all around me because I hate looking at the site
Of a shell
The shell of I who I was before
Before the grief
Before the strife
Searching for peace
Begging for life
It is done