Monday, March 14, 2011

Lovely Ghosts...VIII

Verse VIII

As long as I have been Green, I have known Spirit and Soul. I used to sit back and observe the joy and happiness that they exuded when they were together and it made me sick to my stomach. I would watch him look into her eyes and it would seem as though in his world she was the only semblance of any existence. He would wrap his arms around Spirit and she would look as though she were in the safest place in the universe. In my jealousy, I watched Spirit kiss him and he would smile as though he had just tasted the world’s richest truffle. I would listen to her whispering in his ear and his eyes would begin to sparkle as if he were listening to two angels making love or as if he were hearing “The Marriage of Figaro K. 492” by Mozart for the very first time. After watching them for some time, I decided to make it my life’s mission to pull them apart and destroy their connection. The lovely ghosts of jealousy and envy observed unbridled greatness and didn’t like it one bit.


Green


Green

The sickness. Almost viral. Friendships spiral towards a dark abyss.
Joy filled bliss sealed by betrayal’s kiss.
You reminisce on what was and should’ve been
Green because I live in what is, leaving behind what could’ve been.
Number two of the seven
Doors and gates now locked to heaven
All because of Green.
The disease. Unfortunately no cure.
Molded relationships that used to be pure
What was once known as truth is now unsure.
All because you are empty
Infested with Envy
Green
Green as the everglades
The turmoil of heated hatred that can’t be cooled by the shade
Green
Green as the new grass in the Garden of Eden
Chemical and emotional imbalance, asking what can I do to get even?
You need a V-8
Don’t like what’s on your plate
Peaking onto another menu
Not satisfied with your fate
Green
Jealousy is a sickness, get well soon.