Monday, March 7, 2011

Lovely Ghosts...Verse III

Verse III


Dear Lovely Ghosts,

I knew Soul once, a long time ago. I used to think that he was the epitome of what I was meant to be. Soul would embrace himself in you and if he claimed you, he was yours forever. If you crossed him or let him go, Soul was gone for an eternity. I let go of Soul and even though I saw him frequently, I never had him again. Soul was stubborn and stuck in his ways. If he became afraid of you, his façade became reinforced steel and Soul as you knew him was never the same. Maybe it was the lovely ghosts that controlled Soul so tried to keep control of him. Soul was a dreamer of a dream that only he believed. I used to listen to Soul until he transcended what I was. I used to crave Soul until he no longer satisfied me. I used to yearn for Soul until I realized that he was now empty. Soul became the tree in the middle of winter; dead but still standing. He was blowing without color and that is not the Soul I knew. I knew Soul once, but now he is a stranger and I am the ghost that killed him.



Love


Really…What is Love?



Love is everything and Love is nothing. Love is the ache in the pit of you stomach that just won’t go away. Love is never having to say that you are sorry because it is already understood. It can be the sweetest taste known to man, but also draw the most evil side of a woman. Love is everything that you thought you knew and simply everything that you never felt before. Love is the answer to every question that you have ever asked yourself. Love is accepting the faults without passing judgment. Love is that taste that no amount of Scope can get rid of. Love should have bought you home last night, but Love is also the reason why it didn’t. Love is everything and Love is nothing. Love is the dream and Love is the nightmare. Love is the reason you go on, but also the reason that you want to leave. Love is the question to every answer that you that you though you knew. Love has nothing to do with heart but can be measured by your heartbeat. Love is rapid and Love is slow. Love is the melody of ones voice. Love is glare from ones eyes. Love is the lock AND the key. Love is everything and Love is nothing.