Monday, March 7, 2011

Lovely Ghosts...Verse II

Verse II

Soul was always the enigmatic thinker. I loved Soul before I ever knew what love was. Soul saw ME even when the lovely ghosts couldn’t. The fire time that I saw him, it was like he was looking through me and not at me. His eyes bore a hole inside of me and planted a seed that would come to need constant watering. Two beings haunted by ghosts that came together to destroy the world as it was known. Soul was the leader of a revolution of love and passion while I was the pauper of romance and feelings. If he was the lion, then I was the lioness. If he was the King, then I was the Queen. If he was the Sun, then undoubtedly I was the Moon. Soul was the fire ablaze in the background and I was the fuel that allowed him to burn. Soul was everything that I wanted and I was everything that he needed.


Her Grace, Have Mercy

Celestial pools glimmering up under the moons glowing presence
A deep cosmic awakening that stirs the very root of my being
Her essence
Pristine pockets of sweat form on my brow as she penetrates my soul with her eyes
Telepathic thoughts provide melancholy melodies throughout our silence, but through her eyes, she provides
An opening
Her Grace, Have Mercy
It must be mutual because although she’s calm, there is a slight fidget to her walk
And as I am immersed in her spirit, I am quite sure that I hear it. Yes, a brief stutter in her talk
She’s taken aback
Her Grace, Have Mercy
While there is silence, I can still hear the drum-roll her heart, the waterfall splashes of her blood flowing and the timeless tick-tock of her mind
She’s contemplating
As the wind blows gently on her hair, I notice the palms of her hands
Drenched with anticipation, perhaps nervous because she has seen the future
Life has already made its plans
Her Grace, Have Mercy
The gypsy in her wants to know more, but the judge in her makes a decision
A verdict
The lawyer in her has questions, but the artist in her has seen the picture already
Perfect
The doctor in her has performed this procedure before
Open heart surgery
The tailor in her swear she has this measured and all sewn up
Relaxed fit and burgundy
Her Grace, Have Mercy
The urge to splurge on her feelings have succumb to her fear of the unknown
Not knowing if it’s real. Not knowing if it’s true. Not knowing if she’s ready. Not knowing if she is overreacting
Overblown
But through the years she has grown
And now she sees her future
She has forgotten her past
Now she is able to embrace her present
Her Grace, Have Mercy
Her Heart, Now Healed
Her Love, All His