Friday, March 4, 2011

Lovely Ghosts...Sunny Day

Lovely Ghosts…Sunny Day




Dear Spirit,

I hope that this letter finds you in good health and puts a smile on your face. I wish that I really knew how to express myself when I first met you today. If I could put it into one phrase, it would simply be that today I breathed for the first time. The way that the sun shined onto your eyes made me realize that I have never seen a sunny day before today. I have never smelled the daffodils in the park until today and never felt the chills from a gentle breeze until today. Today was a good day. I loved the way that you hung on my every word as if you were waiting on me to give you the meaning of life. What you didn’t understand is that at that very moment I was staring at the meaning of life…you. I have been sitting in that park every day for years and the ghosts have always just passed me by; until today. Is it possible to be born as love and die as air? Is it necessary to swallow pain in order to digest joy? Have I finally laid my eyes upon the sun only to appreciate the moon? If this was my one glimpse at my future, I pray that my groundhog day stays on this moment and sets my life’s song on repeat. I have been sitting in that park every day for years and I will continue to sit there. I hope to see you at the time that the sun meets the clouds and cries for joy.


Sincerely Yours,

Soul