Friday, March 4, 2011

Lovely Ghosts...Clear Nights

Lovely Ghosts…Clear Nights




Dear Soul,

Thank you for the beautiful letter. Your words moved on the page just as my heart moved into another section of my chest when I first laid eyes on you. As I lay here by dim candlelight, I am reminded of the intensity of your eyes. They are reminiscent of a full moon on a clear night with no wind and no clouds; calm and overpowering. I saw you and I was suddenly alive again. I heard you and I was suddenly at peace again. You touched me and I was suddenly able to feel again. I shudder when I think back to way you caressed my fingers while your voice continued to resonate in the air. It’s like I could feel electricity moving throughout my body while watching your words float through the air like butterflies. I know what you mean when you say the ghosts pass you day by day; today my ghosts ceased to exist. You performed an exorcism on my past and eradicated the demons that have dictated my very being for years; all with a conversation. You smiled and wiped away any traces of the tear stains that were invisible to the naked eye. You listened and eased every ounce of hurt that was weighing my body down. You spoke and reminded me that angels do exist. Tonight, my tears are watering the garden of my heart and birthing the love that was dead inside of me. Tonight, your memories of a sunny day are the soil used to plant a future. Tonight, your words are the seeds that will impregnate my mind with the child of hope that I have been yearning for. Soul, you are the clear night on a lifetime calendar of rainy days. Tonight, my ghosts have ceased to exist and even if it is only for tonight, I cherish the peace. Thank you.




Warmly Yours,

Spirit