Sunday, March 6, 2011

Lovely Ghosts...Night Falls

Lovely Ghosts…Night Falls


Dear Spirit,

One week feels like an eternity; seconds feel like hours, minutes feel like weeks and hours feel like years. No calendar is needed for me to know that you are gone. Every painful beat of my heart reminds me that now it beats for only one purpose; survival. I swear that if I could not feel it, I would think that there was a hole where my spirit used to be. The lovely ghosts of sorrow are smiling as they pass back and forth through me. I used to think that pain was good because if you can still feel pain it shows that you are still alive. I now know that I am dying and the pain is just God’s way of looking down on me with his magnifying glass on a clear and sunny day. Maybe that is why I look forward to the night. The moon does not burn like the sun can. I love the night because I can look at the clouds and see myself ending the pain and resting on their pillows. I am three steps from joining the lovely ghosts and I can hear the parade marching all around me. The lovely ghosts of sorrow are smiling as they pass through me and truth be told; they are winning.



Soul