Saturday, March 5, 2011

Lovely Ghosts...Broken Caterpillars

Lovely Ghosts...Broken Caterpillars



Dear Spirit,


Tonight I sat on a bench and missed you. My thoughts continue to go back to the first day and I am stuck. I am stuck in a time that reflects back to me like my reflection in a clear pond. You were the genesis of a change that is now going nowhere. The lovely ghosts of the future now have one wing on the bodies of old caterpillars. Metamorphosis has begun but not ended. The cycle has started but is not near completion. I fear that I will perish in the middle and leave behind unused potential. I am afraid that I will age and never experience the happiness that was so close. I am afraid that I will continue living without ever fully resting in my cocoon and finally be able to fly. With you, I had the faith that change is not only imminent, but also necessary. Without you, I only have faith in the fact that I will be resigned to being incomplete. The change that was once started is now stalled. The change that was once welcomed is now frowned upon. The lovely ghosts of the future now have one wing on the bodies of old caterpillars and they are unable to find a place of rest in order to complete their change. It seems as though now they are destined to be grounded forever.


Soul