Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pink Hearts/Special Victims Unit

Pink Hearts/Special Victims Unit



Today I will be writing a two-part blog because I just had to get both subjects off of my chest today.

Leave it to women to complain about good intentions and ruin a wet dream. As many of you know, October was Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Everyone was encouraged to wear pink ribbons in support of raising money and awareness to a very serious issue affecting our women. I personally stand by the cause 1000%. What has chapped my butt is the fact that some of the organizations that are supporting this cause are complaining about the companies that are making donations to this very serious cause. Mike’s Hard Lemonade has donated over $500,000 in the past two years and Chambord’s Pink Your Drink campaign raised more than $50,000 in donations for the Breast Cancer Network of Strength and other patient groups. You now have these organizations complaining stating that alcohol contributes to breast cancer and these companies should not be making donations and benefiting from promoting breast cancer awareness. What the peanut butter and bananas is that about???? Look, every dime that they raise or donate is going towards research to help benefit women. How can you complain and say you don’t want their money? These are probably the same people that stood on the soap boxes and demanded that Michael Vick should make a substantial donation to the SPCA. He was convicted of KILLING DOGS, but I doubt that the SPCA is going to raise a stink if he decides to donate to their cause. Would Women’s Advocates groups complain if Ben Rothlisberger made a monetary donation to an abused women’s shelter? I seriously doubt it. So what if by promoting awareness these business sell more? At least they are trying to help. Get off of your high horse and be thankful.

My second topic is kind of embarrassing to me so please pray for me and don’t judge. About a week ago, I found myself downstairs looking at a video over and over and over again. I kept nodding my head back and forth thinking to myself that this is the greatest thing that I have heard or seen all year. After the 10th time watching the video, I suddenly caught myself and starting looking behind me thinking that in any minute, Detectives Stabler and Benson would be kicking down my door, cuffing me and leading me out of my house and plaster my shame all over the city. NO grown man should be sitting watching Whip My Hair by Willow Smith as much as I was, but I could not tear my eyes or ears away from this song. It was ok the first time because I was curious and wanted to see what the hype was about. After the fifth time, I was justifying it by saying it is a great song. By the tenth time I felt like a pedophile because it dawned on me that she was only 9 years old and I had watched the video so much. I want to take this opportunity to apologize to my family and friends for being such a geek. I have let you down and I have let myself down. I also want to apologize to the Smith family for becoming a fan and obsessing over this song and secretly saving it to my YouTube favorites. I know, I know….I need a meeting, Jesus and an interrogation by Ice-T. That’s MY Truth and I am telling while secretly wishing to grow an afro long enough to braid and then Whip My Hair back and forth. Remember, Love God, Love You and Love people.