Saturday, August 7, 2010

Unlock the Closet

Unlock the Closet

I was reading an article online and it was talking about brothers on the dl (down low).  I don't think there is a lower form of man alive and that is saying a lot coming from me. Anyone that has read my work knows that I DESPISE rapists. The DL brother is lower than that by 100. The DL brother will mess with both men and women.  Gay men despise them because they will sleep with them, then ignore them in the streets when they are with their woman. The women despise them because obvious reasons and they never know what they are bringing home.  Straight brothers hate them because WE now get looked at for every action, gesture or outfit we wear.  I was having a conversation with someone a long time ago and said that there was no such thing as a bi-sexual man and they looked at me like I was re-re.  I will say this again for the record and for the cheap seats...there is NO such thing as a bi-sexual man. He is gay. And before I get reported to the Rainbow Club or any other organization, please continue to read what I have to say and THEN report me...lol.  I truly think that God loves everyone irregardless of color, creed, religion or even sexual preference. I also don't have an issue with same sex marriages because frankly, that is your business and it does not affect my life in ANY way. My issue is with the homo-thug that plays like he is so hard, has a girlfriend with a wife on the side, two kids and is secretly sneaking around biting pillows.  The same dude that goes to prison, turns into a fiend for Mr. Goodbar, then comes out into the world again and proclaims he's not gay. He justifies it by saying stupid stuff. "I'm a man about mines; I was pitching and not catching".  What the peanut butter and jelly is that?  These dudes are not only Trapped in the Closet; they are not in there alone and they have swallowed the key. 

  Most women tend to disagree with my assessment that there is a such thing as a bi-sexual woman, but no such thing as a bi-sexual man. Just because it is hypocritical, doesn't mean that it's not the Truth.  Truthfully Speaking, if there was a such thing as a bi-sexual man in regards to society normalcy, there would be no such thing as a Down Low Brother.  Correct?  There would be no need to live a "secret" life if both are acceptable. Bi means two. In a woman's case, she is able to toe the line between both worlds and know where she stands. In all actuality, for the most part she is able to live both lives openly.  In the case of men, anything that is "unmanly" is considered a weakness and in an Alpha male world, appearances are just as important as reality. So as a bi-sexual man, especially in the case of black men, the weak side (feminine) side has to be hidden; hence the "closet" and it in turn causes you to live your other life underground; the Down Low. The problem with that is this. That underground mentality has caused them to adapt and now you can't tell the difference unless you are truly looking for it. And everything is not as easy as does he speak with a lisp, are his jeans too tight, are they too baggy, is he too clean shaven, is he acting too hard to cover up something else?  Now, not only are the DL brothers suspect, but they have caused every straight man to be suspect. Or does that only make sense to me?  The Truth is this, it's time to open up the closets and take off your masks. I am not perfect by any means, but that is one mask that I never rocked for Halloween.  That is my rant for the day. That is also the Truth and I am standing, not kneeling by it. Remember, Love God, Love you and Love people.