Thursday, July 22, 2010

We Lied Because We Love You

We Lied Because We Love You


I have been getting a lot of emails stating that I am a man, writing from a man’s perspective, taking up for men. I don’t agree with that, but to show everyone that I am fair, I am going to write this and give you women out there one of men’s biggest secrets.

Ok…..contrary to what you may have been raised to believe, men lie to you because we love you. There….the cat is out of the bag and licking the spilled milk in the floor. As much as we try to play hard with our feelings, we actually have a very big soft spot for the women in our lives. That is why we lie. Fellas, I know that I am probably violating about 10 “man rules” here, but I think it is time that these women are informed. 75% of the lies that your man has ever told you, has been because he loves you. Every meal that you cooked, he didn’t like it. He told you that it was delicious because he didn’t want to hurt your feelings and he wanted you to continue learning how to cook. When you did that thing with your hair, he didn’t like it, but he loves you so he told you that you were beautiful in spite of the Rhianna Mohawk that you thought would look great on you. That move that you tried in the bedroom, he really wasn’t feeling it because in his warped mind he was trying to figure out where and HOW you learned it. He lies, because he loves you.

And ladies, here is another part of the secret and this is the part that you really need to pay attention to. When he starts telling you the unadulterated truth, he doesn’t love you and really doesn’t care about your feelings anymore. If you ask him why he has started eating out so much and he tells you it’s because you can’t cook and you even burn Kool-Aid…he doesn’t care about your feelings anymore. If you ask him how you look in that sexy purple dress that you just bought and he starts singing “I love you, you love me” or asks you if you can get a discount a McDonalds (Grimace), then he doesn’t care about your feelings anymore. If you suspect that he has been unfaithful, you ask him and he says of course he has been cheating….well I think you get the point. It’s time for you to stop thinking that the truth is the end all, be all. Sometimes, the truth is the beginning of the end. That is MY Truth and I am sticking by it. Remember, Love God, Love You and Love people.