Friday, July 16, 2010

Say AHHH (in my best Trey Songs voice)

So……I received a lot of feedback from yesterday’s post. There have been two common themes developing, one being double-standards. Some people tend to think that I was dogging the women and I really wasn’t. I have also been receiving a lot of emails about the selfishness of men satisfying their women as opposed to the other way around. I decided to tie both into one discussion. Remember, these are just MY opinions and thoughts about the matter.

When it comes to double-standards, I will admit that men do have them. There….I said it. I will even go as far as to say that society has created them. It’s human nature. Now, in reference to comments I received yesterday, I will simply say this. There is a BIG mental and physical difference between men cheating and women cheating. That mental difference also ties into the reason some men don’t get into performing some acts for women. Is it right? No. Is it selfish? Maybe. Is there a double-standard? Abso-freaking-lutely.

The psyche of a man is very difficult thing to understand if you aren’t one. Our minds for the most part don’t comprehend things in the same way that women do. For us, it is visual and physical. For most women, it is emotional. Would you agree with that? Good! So now that you understand that, wrap your brain around this. There IS a difference between a man cheating and a woman cheating. I see the rolling of the eyes and necks snapping, but once I explain, maybe you will get it.

As I said before, most men are visual and physical while most women are emotional. Let’s first use for an example that your man cheats or you just have a new man in your life. And let’s say that he was recently with someone else. You know what he does? He takes a shower, cleans himself and everything is smooth as silk again. There is nothing lingering. Nothing has changed about him physically and mentally he is thinking “On to the Next One”…..God I love that song…lol….Simple right? Now, say that your woman cheats or you have a new woman in your life. And let’s say that she was recently with someone else. Physically, she has changed. Something has entered her. Deformed it. There has been a physical alteration to the juice box. AND, to top it off, her insides now look like a Canolli (Sicilian pastry). So physically you’ve been altered. Visually you’ve been altered. And lastly, MENTALLY you have changed. That same mentality holds true to why your man doesn’t do certain things. He has this visual image of that. Or maybe it’s simply that he’s not feeling that. And if he is taking care of business in other ways, then no harm no foul. The same goes for women. Some women think that giving knowledge is just not for them. Not a deal breaker although most men prefer a woman that is very smart…lol.

In saying all of that, I say the following. All of that is an excuse. We are different, but we are the same. What’s good for the goose is also good for the gander. We may have different mentalities and ways that we see things, but it should always be about mutual respect and love. None of this matters at all if we treat each other right and do what we can to keep our partner happy. Then there would be no reason for double standards at all. But that would entail a perfect relationship in a perfect world and this is not Leave it to Beaver. Truthfully Speaking, we can only hope to get better day by day. That is my Truth and I am sticking by it. Have a great weekend and remember, Love God, Love You and Love people.