Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lovely Ghosts...Verse VI

Verse VI

Today I sat on our bench and inhaled the rain. As I sat there becoming drenched from the tears of the angels, I suddenly realized that I missed the colors. Lately, I have been stuck with gray and craving red. I have been laying in muted green wile yearning for the zest of orange. I watched a couple of lovely ghosts playing in puddles wearing all black and I thought of Soul. Only he could make all black look as bright as the sun at high noon on the 4th of July. If Soul was the blue covering the ocean, then I was the red illuminating the fire. If Soul was the green radiating from the field, then I was the purple and gold denoting royalty. Together, we were the bright orange and red hue of a perfect sunset. Apart, we are a piece of paper on the middle of the desk with no writing; I’m blank and he is missing. The lovely ghosts are playing in puddles and they are hiding all of my colors.



Kaleidoscope

Colors ever-changing
Shining bright, taking in and absorbing various spectrums of light
As I look at it from one side, then taking a glimpse from another
Beauty radiates
And sharp edges of color stand out like no other

Just as I begin to enjoy the luminous colors with my eyes,
I also appreciate the colors of depth
Dark, making shadows, to my surprise

To truly understand the beauty, one must always see the light and the dark
Deeper colors give substance, but the brighter ones add spark

The best way to describe your is by looking through a kaleidoscope
Nothing remains the same
Variations of feelings give me hope

Just when I think I have it all figured out
You surprise me with your ever-changing color and send my mind wandering about
I’m deeply intrigued by your unique sense of hues and shades
Thankful to have been blessed with a man whose love never fades.