Thursday, August 5, 2010

Temptation Island

Temptation Island (The Beginning of the End)

Even as I try to do good, evil is all around me
Trying to keep me from doing the things that I should
Satan and his disciples constantly surround me
One second his jokers are trying to clown me
The next second his grave diggers are trying to down me
While taking a walk up a mountain, I was contemplating taking my life
That was when I heard a voice that cut through my soul like a knife

S: I know how you are feeling. I can take the pain away
I know how the storms have been following you. I can take the rain away.

M: Why choose me? Aren’t there others you can go after?
I’m sure there’s someone else more deserving of having their sorrow turned into laughter
S: But I need you, I mean, I want to right all of your wrongs.
I can give you everything you ever desired, you know, like make you famous for singing all of those songs

M: Yeah, but would it cost?
S: Just call me the boss.
M: What!?
S: You know, worship me and I will give you the world for as far as you can see
M: But I wouldn’t be free. My father always said that nothing in life was free
So tell me straight up, what is your fee?

S: You’re not as dumb as you look
M: You’re not as slick as you think
S: I can read you like a book
M: I can smell the stench of your stink.
S: I know what you want, your desires I can provide.
I know what make you tick, I know why you’re dark inside
M: You don’t know jack!
S: No, but I know about Jack. I know that he took away something that you can never get back
M: Shut up!
S: What’s the matter Mr. Man, truth still hurts?
Is that why as the years pass by, the pain gets worse?

M: See, that’s where you’re wrong because prayer still works.
S: Really? Is that why your God is not here? Remember, I showed up first!
M: Maybe I’m cursed.
S: You know, I can help you put him in a hearse
Give me the word and I will squeeze him until his little heart bursts.
M: But then I would owe you.
S: Yep.
M: But I don’t even know you.
S: You don’t even know HIM.
M: He died for my sins.
S: That’s what’s been told.
M: He’s been there for me.
S: Under pressure HE will fold….Sell me your soul!
M: I’d rather be cold…Not for sale.
S: I’ll save a place for you in Hell.